Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- All trainees are required to have a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
What minimum qualifications do I need to train as a primary teacher?
- GCSE grade C (grade 4) or above in English, Maths and Science.
- 3rd Class Honours degree or above in any subject.
What minimum qualifications do I need to train as a secondary teacher?
- GCSE grade C (grade 4) or above in English and Maths.
- 3rd Class Honours degree or above.
- A good understanding of the subject knowledge is required for teaching your chosen subject. This can be shown through a relevant degree and/or your A-Level or Level 3 qualifications. Talk to us if you are unsure about what subject you can train in. You may be offered a free subject knowledge enhancement course.
GCSE Mathematics, English and Science Equivalency Tests
The SCITT can support you in getting your Maths, English and Science equivalency. We will direct you to our preferred test provider once you have successfully gained a place on the course.
The cost of each test sat is approximately £100 (including VAT). Fees are payable, in full, upon booking.
We also accept the following science equivalents:
- OCR National Level 2 Science
- BTEC National Level 2 Science, Applied Science or Medical Science
If you need any further details please contact us.