PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
St Edmund's, along with many of our Alliance schools, provide training for leaders, teachers and practitioners. Visit the St Edmund's website to see more.
St Edmund’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre has been selected as a Centre of Good Practice for New Arrivals to develop a programme of support for schools with children who are new to English and/or new to education. We regularly run workshops, for more information please click here.
Continuing Professional Development
Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School Alliance in partnership with St Edmund's Nursery School and Children's Centre delivers a range of training courses, forums, visitor days and other events for teachers, NQTs, Early Years, practitioners and managers. To find out more about our courses focusing on Early Years please click here.
We are excited to offer a fantastic range of professional development courses in 2019/2020. Please see the attached literacy prospectus. Literacy CPD Programme
The prospectus gives details about the following courses which are being run in association with our partner schools and organisations:
Early Years and KS1
- 50 Things to do before you're Five, led by St Edmund's
- Oracy Quality First Teaching in Nursery and Reception, led by St Edmund's
- The Nuffield Early Language Initiative, led by Teaching School SLEs
All Key Stages
- Dialogic Teaching, led by Parkwood Primary School SLEs
- Does your curriculum stand up to the new Ofsted framework? Led by Marshfield Primary School SLEs, in association with Fieldwork Education and IPC
- Meeting the literacy needs of EAL Children, led by Bowling Park Primary School SLEs
- Being an effective leader of English, led by Marshfield SLEs
Please get in touch with Ammara Mahmood for further information on the course and to make bookings.