50 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU`RE FIVE
St Edmund`s NSCC is a nursery school and children’s centre in Bradford, committed to providing an outstanding learning environment for young children under the age of 5.
We recently launched the ’50 Things to do Before You’re Five’ initiative which focuses on the development of children’s speech, language and communication skills. Each one of the 50 things is a fun activity for the child to take part in with his or her carer, ranging from going to the seaside to making a snowman.
For more information contact our Project Leader:
or our Project Administrator:
Facebook: 50 Things Bradford
Resources have been developed to include a website 50 Things Bradford Website and smart phone apps (Google Play App Store) as well as posters and 50 beautiful cards. Interested in more information? Visit our website.
We are delighted to offer settings and schools the opportunity to attend a Visitor Day at St Edmund's NSCC to hear about our exciting new, district-wide project,
"50 Things to Do Before You're Five".
If you are thinking about promoting the initiative, supporting your parents to undertake some of the activities, or just curious to know what opportunities this resource offers, you're welcome to come and visit and join in the conversation. We will share information about;
- Background to the project
- Development of the initiative
- The role of our Enthusiasts
- The app, web site and printed materials and the possibilities they present
If you`re from the Bradford area, and you`re interested in becoming a 50 Things school or setting, the cost is just a one off payment of £95. For this low cost you get:
Basic Pack - £95
· 1 vinyl, outdoor banner
· 2 ring bound sets of 50 Cards
· 6 posters (plus posters for parents attending setting/school launch event)
· Electronic versions of promotional materials/flyers/posters
· 2 half-days training for your nominated practitioner on Enthusiast role (with no requirement to be available for events outside your setting)
· 6 professional development sessions for your setting/school’s Enthusiast