SECONDARY (SCITT AND SCHOOL DIRECT)
Make a difference: train to teach
We aim to train the next generation of outstanding Bradford secondary school teachers. Our schools are committed to providing the highest standard of education for young people in Bradford. We are keen to recruit trainee teachers who share the same commitment, who have a love for their subject and a desire to help young people learn. If you share our vision for education, we want to hear from you. We will provide training of the highest quality, delivered by outstanding practitioners in a diverse and stimulating range of schools and settings.
We deliver a bespoke training package which will make the most of your knowledge and skills. After a year’s successful training, you will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). As an alliance, we are committed to helping you develop professionally, well beyond your training and Newly Qualified Teacher year, by means of an extensive programme of Continuing Professional Development opportunities, including opportunities to complete a full master’s degree.
For September 2019 starts Bradford Birth to 19 SCITT is excited to be working with a number of partner schools to support the development of high quality trainee teachers in Bradford schools.
The partenrship includes:
For September 2019 starts, we have school funded places in a range of subjects including:
|* Biology||* Drama||* Computer Science|
|* Business Studies||* English||* Physical Education|
|* Chemistry||* Geography||* Physics|
|* Computing||* History||
|* Design and Technology||* Modern Foreign Languages||*Other (contact us)|
What minimum qualifications do I need to train as a secondary teacher?
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths.
- 2.2 Honours degree or above, typically with at least half its content relevant to the subject you want to teach. Talk to us if you are unsure about what subject you can train in. You may be offered a free subject knowledge enhancement course.
- Passes in professional skills tests in literacy and numeracy.
Salaried or unsalaried training?
- We are not curently offering the salaried route for secondary training.
- You satisfy the minimum qualification requirements.
- You will pay a fee of £9,250 to train for QTS courses.
- You may be eligible for a range of bursaries. Click here to find out more information.
- You can apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans, if needed, through Student Finance England.
- At the end of the year you will be recommended for QTS and a PGCE qualification at master’s level.
How to apply to train as a teacher: Click here
Head of Initial Teacher Training
Telephone: 01274 494898
St Edmund’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre,
Bradford BD8 9QW