How to apply to train as a teacher:
1. Thinking process:
- Check you have the entry requirements for teaching – qualifications and experience.
- Decide what age group and/or subject you want to teach.
- Decide you want a programme led by and based in schools.
- Decide you want to train in great Bradford schools
- Choose an experienced SCITT provider with several years experience
- Choose us.
- September 2019 starts – From October 2018 you will be able to search and apply for courses on the UCAS website (APPLY 1). (see link opposite)
- Search on our postcode: BD8 9QW
- Select 'Bradford Birth to 19 SCITT' to apply for a place on the fee-funded (unsalaried) Secondary course.
- Search on Bingley Grammar School`s postcode: BD16 2RS
- Select 'Bingley Grammar School' to apply for a place on the fee-funded (unsalaried) Secondary course.
- Search on Belle Vue Girls Academy`s postcode: BD9 6NA
- Select 'Belle Vue Girls Academy' to apply for a place on the fee-funded (unsalaried) Secondary course
- Search 'Beckfoot School`s' postcode: BD16 1EE
- Select 'Beckfoot School' to apply for a place on the fee-funded (unsalaried) Secondary course
- We are also working with a number of key secondary schools to offer School Direct Teacher Training through them, acredited by us. See below for their course codes.
3. The interview:
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. You will be asked to bring original certificates of your qualifications, proof of address and proof of identification.
- The interviews will be held in schools and involve school leaders.
- You should expect to be observed in a classroom environment working with a small group of children, be interviewed by a panel of senior leaders, undertake literacy and numeracy tests.
- The classroom observation in centered around topical articles chosen by you.
- In all, to demonstrate your passion for teaching, and to have clear ideas about what makes learning fun and successful.
4. The offer
- If successful you will be made an offer conditional on qualifications checks, passing professional skills tests and a DBS clearance. Also to pass a check on ID, childcare disqualification checks and proof of address.
- You will also be invited to our induction event to be held in early July (date to be confirmed.
BRADFORD BIRTH TO 19 SCITT SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP COURSE CODES
|Secondary (unsalaried)||English||35TZ||Bingley Grammar School (2BP)|
|Secondary (unsalaried)||English||36CV||Belle Vue Girls Academy (2G4)|
|Design and Technology||36BY|
|Secondary (unsalaried)||English||35XH||Beckfoot School (1MU)|
Links - Please click on the links below
OUR COURSE CODES
When applying please use the relevant course code below:
SCITT Course and Course Code
SCITT Partner school course codes are below. A printable version is here.